The Middle American country is bounded on the south east by the Caribbean Sea, on the east by the Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific Ocean on the west coast. The metropolises and biggest cities of the country are Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey and Tijuana. All in all it consists of 31 states as well as the capital district of Mexico City.
The rich history of the country goes back almost 22,000 years, when cultures like Maya, Olmec, Toltec and Aztec evolved. On these grounds you should definitely not miss to visit some of the remains of these yesteryear cultures during your stay. The temple city Chichén IItzá and the sacred Maya site Tulum located directly on the sea are the most beloved cultural places. The best beaches and diving spots of the Caribbean can be found around Cancun on Yukatán Peninsula. Moreover, Mexico offers many culinary highlights like Tortillas which are served with almost every meal. Mexicans love to eat spicy food and if this is too much for you, take a shot of Tequila which will make even the most unsavoury bite at least taste equal. Should you rather prefer sweets, try some Churros. These are fried pieces of dough topped with sugar and chocolate – mhh, delicious!
The Mexican landmarks are often a few hours’ drive away from each other, so if you want the whole package and see as much you can, you are best advised to make a round trip instead of one-day tours. CheckMyBus provides you with all the information you need regarding means of transport in your home country as well as abroad. National bus providers like Autobuses AU, ADO, Primera Plus and Omnibus de México will bring you to all noteworthy places within the country.
Top bus connections in Mexico
- Aguascalientes, AG ↔ Mexico City, DF
- Celaya, GT ↔ Mexico City, DF
- Guadalajara, JC ↔ Manzanillo, CL
- Guadalajara, JC ↔ Mexico City, DF
- Guanajuato, ME ↔ Mexico City, DF
- Hermosillo, SR ↔ Los Mochis, SL
- Hermosillo, SR ↔ San Luis Río Colorado, SR
- Hermosillo, SR ↔ Tijuana, BC
- Hermosillo, SR ↔ Zapopan, JC
- Irapuato, GT ↔ Mexico City, DF
- Juchitán de Zaragoza, OC ↔ Mexico City, DF
- León de los Aldama, GT ↔ Mexico City, DF
- Mazatlán, SL ↔ Zapopan, JC
- Mexico City, DF ↔ Oaxaca de Juárez, OC
- Mexico City, DF ↔ Pachuca de Soto, HG
- Mexico City, DF ↔ Puebla, PL
- Mexico City, DF ↔ San Juan de los Lagos, JC
- Mexico City, DF ↔ San Luis Potosí, SP
- Mexico City, DF ↔ Santiago de Queretaro, QO
- Mexico City, DF ↔ Zapopan, JC